Re: The :min-width/:max-width pseudo-classes

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 01:18:42 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> This should be the case in the current proposal - you can lay out all
>> the elements at a given nesting level in parallel.
>
> Still trying to understand what the current proposal is, but with it can I
> determine the intrinsic widths of every cell in a table in parallel?
>
> What about the intrinsic widths of all the floats in a block formatting
> context?

I'm not sure I understand the points of these questions.  The proposal
obviously doesn't change the constraints that are already present from
other layout modes.  My meaning is that there isn't anything
inherently linking multiple viewports such that they need to be
resolved serially.

I thought I'd explained the proposal sufficiently in my earlier email
that gave the steps as a numbered list.  ^_^