Re: The :min-width/:max-width pseudo-classes

On Friday 2013-03-22 12:42 -0400, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> >Hm, ok.  Well then, we should investigate the <iframe> behavior, and
> >see if it's okay to duplicate, perhaps with my suggestion of an opt-in
> >way to get the more expensive "true" value out of getComputedStyle.
>
> So I just double-checked, and at first glance UAs now seem to do the
> right thing with <iframe> in general (though I can't quite tell why
> from code inspection...).

In Gecko, it's because of this code:
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/3825fdbcec62/content/base/src/nsDocument.cpp#l6968
which ensures that anything that requires up-to-date style in an
iframe ensures up-to-date layout of the parent first.

-David