Re: The :min-width/:max-width pseudo-classes

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM, François REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
>> !.foo .viewport .list:max-width(...)
>
> I don't know how this selector is evaluated in browsers, but my understanding of it is
>
>    .foo:has(:this .viewport .list:max-width(...))
>
> and it means that :max-width will match no ".list" element per rule 1 (:min-width only matches elements that are the nearest viewport or one of its ancestors)

Oh!  So your idea is that a :max-width() pseudo would, regardless of
where in the selector it appears, match based on the nearest viewport
element of the selector's subject?

That kills the problems, but it's somewhat weird to have a pseudoclass
which can be placed literally anywhere in the selector without
changing what it matches.

~TJ