Re: [cssom-view] Add a "smooth" parameter to scrollTo and scrollBy functions

On 3/19/13 2:14 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> 1)  Do we want an equivalent to NORMAL?
>
> Is this accessible directly in any way from author code in Gecko?  Or
> is it just a mode for handling the "author requests smooth scrolling,
> but user doesn't want it" case?

Unclear to me from code inspection.  At first glance, NORMAL is used for
"default" wheel events when smooth scrolling is off and for
"SCROLL_ASYNCHRONOUSELY" (sic) wheel events in all cases.  What triggers
such wheel events, apart from actual mouse wheels, I'm not sure.

-Boris