[mediaqueries4] Media queries for multichannel audio ?

From: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:27:19 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
CC: "florian@rivoal.net" <florian@rivoal.net>
Hi everyone,

Has there been any dissuasion of media queries for audio media ?

Specifically, I am interested in discovering whether the attached audio device supports multi-channel audio (5.1, 7.1 etc.) so that I can choose an appropriate resource.

I believe it would be sufficient to have a 'channel count' property which is just an integer count of the number of audio channels supported by the output device.

Thanks!

Mark Watson