[css-counter-styles-3] 'width' descriptor and negative counter values

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:41:10 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

The text for the 'width' descriptor of counter styles has this paragraph:

> If the counter value is negative and the counter style is
> negative-capable, reduce the width by one or two when determining how
> many copies to prepend, depending on whether the ‘negative’
> descriptor's value is one or two <symbol>s.

Although the example afterwards clarifies the editor’s intent, I find
this text unclear. What exactly is reduced?

I suggest changing "reduce the width" to "reduce the specified <integer>
value" or "reduce the minimum width".

--
Simon Sapin