Re: Sticky Positioning with tall elements

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Alexandre Elias <aelias@chromium.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure exactly what behavior you want, but one thing to consider would
> be to make the sidebar viewport-height, and have an "overflow: scroll"
> container within.  Then, the main document and the sidebar would be
> independently scrollable.

Or more specifically, "max-height: 100vh; overflow: auto;".

I agree with Simon's statement that this is the intended behavior
currently, and seems acceptable.  I also echo his request for a JS
mockup of any alternate behavior, if you wish to propose something
else.