Re: [CSS21] Undefined behavior of backgrounds and borders with relative positioning of tables

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:21:47 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
On Thursday 2013-03-07 18:18 -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
> When inner table elements (elements with display table-row-group,
> table-header-group, table-footer-group, table-row, table-column,
> table-column-group, and table-cell) are relatively positioned, CSS
> 2.1 does not specify what happens to their borders and backgrounds.

Although I suppose the effect of relative positioning on inner table
elements is explicitly undefined in
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#propdef-position .  (I was
looking for this statement in the section on relative positioning
and didn't find it; I forgot to look in the definition of the
value.)

I'd note that defining this would also require describing z-ordering
behavior.

-David