Re: [mediaqueries4] pointer: coarse and pannable, zoomable viewports

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 01:02:39 +0100, Stu Cox <stuart.cox@gmail.com> wrote:

> You say above that choice of primary input mechanisms is a subjective
> choice for the UA vendors. However, the Pointer Events spec gives a
> slightly more formal definition implying that *any* two input devices
> connected would be primary; e.g. touch and mouse; I quote:

> This suggests that [...]
>
> Or are these definitions unrelated?

These two definitions are indeed unrelated, the two specs were written
independently and without coordination.

Based on your recent blog[1], I believe your understanding of what I meant
is correct. Independently of whether you think this is the right approach
(which is definitely worth discussing), if you think the current draft is
hard to understand, I would definitely welcome suggestions for improving
the wording.

  - Florian

[1] http://www.stucox.com/blog/the-good-and-bad-of-level-4-media-queries/