Re: [css3-page] Idea for simplier page-margin boxes

Le 05/03/2013 05:13, Robert O'Callahan a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org
> <mailto:simon.sapin@exyr.org>> wrote:
>
>     We discussed css3-page at the last f2f meeting, and the Working
>     Group agrees that we want to do much more than is possible with the
>     current draft.
>
>     However this draft has been around and kind of stable for a long
>     time, so the plan is to publish css3-page Soon® without much more
>     features than it currently has, and start in parallel with css3-page.
>

> Speaking for myself, and Julian I think, the current css3-page
> margin-box model feels both over-complicated and inadequate, which isn't
> a good combination, and I don't think we want to implement it in Gecko.
> We'd rather bypass it and do something better, perhaps along the lines
> of Julian's proposal.

(I meant start in parallel with Paged Media **Level 4**, of course.)

Daniel Glazman is currently sketching out ideas for css4-page, which I
believe will include a way to flow content from HTML elements into
headers and footers, as in Julian’s proposal.

I suggest discussing this again when Daniel brings his proposal to the
WG, but I still hope tho two models can be unified.

--
Simon Sapin