Re: [CSS4 color][CSS4 transition] color pre-multiplied vs non pre-multiplied was (Re: [CSSWG] Minutes TPAC Tue 2012-10-30 AM I: Abstract Directions, Transforms, Transitions)

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know how red got in there, if i am trying to create a green to
> transparent gradient in PhotoShop. I think I would either change all that
> red to green, or make sure there was green to green in the gradient.

You have a green layer and are just changing the alpha channel
So green + 100% opacity to green + 0% opacity

> Anyway, I still don't get your point. How is that like the gradients that
> would go from green to transparent black, or from red to transparent black,
> the way Safari does it? I must be missing something.

They don't go to transparent in photoshop. They go from a color with
opacity to another color with opacity.
There's no premultiplication like css has so it will be hard for authors to
reproduce mockups that we designed in other applications such as PhotoShop.