Re: [css-device-adapt] Number or percentage values for zoom values

Le 01/03/2013 17:08, Rune Lillesveen a écrit :
> currently both <number> and <percentage> values are allowed for the
> various zoom descriptors in @viewport. A long time ago, an issue was
> raised about this ("Issue 4: Should both numbers and percentages be
> allowed?"). According to the complaint there is no tradition in CSS for
> having two different ways of expressing the same value.

Well, font-size and line-height both accept percentages that do the same
as the em unit. Obviously we can’t change these now, but *maybe* this is
a not pattern we want to repeat with new features?

> Looking at various other specs I'm leaning towards keeping <percentage>
> and drop <number> for zoom values. Opinions?

<percentage> for zoom sounds good, but this is not a strong opinion.

'opacity' does uses <number> where <percentage> would also make sense,
but again, maybe it’s an exception.

--
Simon Sapin