Re: text-overflow:ellipsis and text-overflow:<string> need to truncate bidi text logically

From: Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin <aharon@google.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:28:55 +0300
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
*If* the spec is going to be changed to do logical truncation for
non-scrollable elements (which is my primary goal), and *if* logical
truncation is going to be specified to put the ellipsis where the first
truncated character would have gone (which is not my primary goal), then I
think that it would only make sense (and would be easier to implement) to
give it the same style as that first truncated character, for which it is
serving as a stand-in. At least it should be considered. But I am really
not adamant about it.