Re: [css-flexbox] 'stretch' can shrink flex items - is this intended?

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
> See the regions/flexbox thread from today [1]. You and I have different
> opinions on what happens when.
>
> When I say that the result of the regions processing model provides an
> input to the flex layout algorithm, I mean the *entire* regions processing
> model. You're picking out an answer from the middle.

Ah, I see I was misreading the region algorithm.  It's confusing,
because you resolve height, like, 3 times.

Still, the effect of 'stretch' is very limited.  It only shrinks
things if the flexbox has a single line, and a definite cross size.
You can treat that equivalently to an additional min and max height
constraint.