[css3-text] behavior of 'text-justify: none' is undefined

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 17:02:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text/#text-justify0

The definition given for the 'none' value of 'text-justify' is simply
"justification is disabled".  So what is the behavior of the
'text-align' in this case?

  text-align: justify;
  text-justify: none;

Should 'text-align' revert to it's initial value in this case
(i.e. 'start')?

The reason for needing this additional value has been given as
"accessibility" [1] but I still don't see why 'text-align: start' can't
be specified instead of having this additional property value.  If
'text-justify' was an independent property this would make more sense
but as currently structured 'text-justify' is a way of modifying the
behavior of 'text-align'.

Unless there's a strong need for this, I think this value should be
trimmed.  At a minimum, the behavior needs to be clearly defined.

Regards,

John Daggett

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0474.html