Re: [css-writing-modes] Tate-chu-yoko sizing rules

fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote on 2013/06/14 19:02:07
> On 06/13/2013 09:34 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:
> > I'd like to keep the current behavior as written in the spec.
> Okay, this works for me. :) I agree with all of your arguments.

I agree too.

> > they prefer conflicts than unexpected automatic behavior,
> > but it is merely to find and fix errors easily. Either way, conflicts
> > must be resolved before readers see the documents.
>
> I think this is an important point. Thanks.
>
> ~fantasai

The "consensus" in that group (Japanese typographers) was not absolute
and the discussion is still continuing:

* Twitter discussion (in Japanese): 縦中横について
  http://togetter.com/li/518275

* A blog post (in Japanese): CSS3での日本語縦中横を考える (Thinking about tate-chu-yoko in CSS3)
  http://d.hatena.ne.jp/akane_neko/20130613/1371142756

I hope the Writing Modes Level 4 will have much controls for
tate-chu-yoko and this discussion will help for that.

Regards,

Shinyu Murakami
Antenna House