Re: [css3-cascade] Rolling back the cascade and 'default'

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> I think for a name like 'default', it should go back to whatever
> that style sheet's author thinks of as the "default", i.e. set
> before its origin. If we want to roll back the cascade in steps,
> that might be a separate feature.

Right, I agree that's the intent, but it doesn't clear things up.  As
I pointed out, it seems equally reasonable to consider all user rules
as part of one thing, or to consider normal and !important user rules
as two different things.

Treating them as different seems more useful, and maintains the
contiguous-things-are-reset property that dbaron wants, so I think we
should go with that.  (This happens to be the current behavior, too.)