RE: [css-variables] Remaining Issues

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:56:53 +0200
To: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> Describing the kind of
> use-cases that would be 'completely broken' adds much more value.

I just had another idea, which is more related to the traditional role of [css-variables] aka replacing constant-like color constants.

I can clearly see how someone would love to animate the 'var-shadow-angle' property of a webpage showing a few objects and shadows generated for them based on a calculation depending on the sun position on the page.

Or, change the color of all the elements on the page using a reference color (for example, bouncing a few times between 'var-player1-color: green' and 'var-player1-color: red' when the player of a Age-of-Empires-like game change of status from alley to enemy and having all the units & buildings of that player switch to red for the parts of the SVG using the var-player1-color as background)).