Re: [css-masking] 'mask: none' clear all masking operations

On Jun 9, 2013, at 3:05 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> 'mask' corresponds to 'background' and 'mask-box-image' corresponds to 'border-image'. 'background:none' doesn't clear 'border-image', so I think it would be inconsistent to make 'mask:none' clear 'mask-box-image'.

Yes, I agree and would prefer keeping this behavior. However, the argument of fantasai seems valid as well. Since all longhand properties start with mask-, you may want to disable all at once. 'mask' in the proposal earlier in this thread would not belong to the one shorthand nor to the other. It would be another shorthand that can disable all masking all together, but would also just support SVG masking. WebKit's Masking could then be accessed with mask-layer and mask-box-image.

Greetings,
Dirk