Re: [css-anims] Play-state interaction with delay update

From: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 23:43:48 -0700
To: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, CSS WG <www-style@w3.org>
CC: Animations W3C WG <public-fx@w3.org>

On 6/9/13 6:30 PM, "François REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I’ve been thinking about a usecase today where I wanted an animation to
>stop
>playing while still being able to “seek” inside the animation timeline.
>
>I was hoping to use “animation-play-state: paused” and then update the
>value
>of “animation-delay” to seek into the animation but it doesn’t seem to
>work
>as I expected (the value of the animations properties are kept frozen
>even
>after the delay has been changed).

Delay only tells you when the animation start running; once it begins
running
updating the delay has no effect. This also implies that
animation-play-state:paused has no effect on the delay: the latter should
elapse
until the animation is ready to run the play state freezes it at 0%.

I'll admit the spec is not clear enough on this.