[css3-cascade] Rolling back the cascade and 'default'

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 05:43:49 -0400
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I was just thinking about some of dbaron's comments on 'default' from
the F2F, specifically about whether the two user levels (normal and
!important) were grouped together for the purpose of cascade rollback.

Currently in the spec they're not, but thinking about it I realize
that perhaps that's not reasonable.

Consider in the user style sheet:
   :link { color: default; }            /* resets to UA default color */
   :link { color: default !important; } /* says to use the author's choice */

The declaration substantially changes meaning when we add !important
here, and that probably doesn't make much sense. Thoughts?

~fantasai