Re: [mediaqueries4][css3-conditional] Whitespace: "and(" vs. "and ("

Le 04/10/2012 07:30, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Simon Sapin<simon.sapin@kozea.fr>  wrote:
>>> The following is an malformed media query because having no space
>>> between ‘and’ and the expression is not allowed. (That is reserved
>>> for the functional notation syntax.)
>>>
>>> @media all and(color) { … }
>>

>> but the relevant grammar is "AND S* expression". Should the grammar be
>> changed to "AND S+ expression" to capture in normative spec that some
>> whitespace is required there?
>>
>> Whatever we decide here should also apply to css3-conditional’s 'and', 'or',
>> and 'not' operators. (ie: can they be functions?)
> Whitespace is not actually required there.  The following is valid:
>
> @media all and/*wooo!*/(color) { ... }

We changed @supports to require whitespace, so that the spec is less
misleading. (Since the tokenizer is not in the same spec, a reader might
not know about function tokens and expect "and(" to be valid.)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Dec/0330.html

But this issue still exists in Media Queries. Should we make the same
change in MQ4?

--
Simon Sapin