Re: [css3-page] Styling elements differently based on whether they appear on a left or right page

Alan Stearns wrote:

 > >Using flexbox is fine, too. Or CSS tables.
 >
 > I think flex and grid are much better suited to layout than floats or
 > tables.

I'd like to see how you achieve these four common use cases:

  1) inside/outside sidebars, e.g. how do you generate this:

      http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3-gcpm/sidenote.pdf

  2) holy grail with natural heigths, e.g. how do you replicate this:

       http://d.alistapart.com/holygrail/example_1.html

  3) common (British!) newspaper articles, e.g. the first example in:

       http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/02-reader/

  4) common images in books, e.g. Alice in wonderland (as discussed in [a])

       http://people.opera.com/howcome/2012/tests/alice-in-wonderland-book.pdf

     (as previously discussed here:)

       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jan/0327.html

As for holy grail with even sidebar heights, one can use:

  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/hg-table.html

-h&kon