Re: [CSS21] Reviews and tests needed for errata

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 21:51:28 -0400
To: "Rebecca Hauck" <rhauck@adobe.com>

Le Lun 29 juillet 2013 20:28, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
> Hi,
>>From last week's telecon, ACTION-571 [1] -
> I've assessed the work that needs to be done in the test suites to get
> ready for republishing. There are approximately 240 existing tests for the
> 22 items listed in the errata.  With some advanced searching in Shepherd,
> I was able to identify which have no tests and which have pertinent tests
> that may (need to be) modified to accurately reflect the new language in
> the spec.  Details all on the wiki [2] - see "CSS 2.1 Errata."  Note that
> the Shepherd queries there are filtered within each spec section to be as
> relevant possible to the changes described in the errata and in the
> corresponding minutes.
> Please let me know if you are familiar with any of these items and have
> time to review or write tests associated with them.  I've not gone through
> this process before, so I'd be interested to hear how the work required
> has been assigned and completed in the past.

I wish I could help here.

> Just as a data point, and as
> a logical start to addressing these, I added names of people who proposed
> the change and who are listed as Owners of the tests.
> I'm happy to manage and track this process and will use this wiki &
> Shepherd to do so.  I'd like continue this discussion at the upcoming
> telecon to solicit help from WG members on these items.
> Let me know if I missed anything or if you have questions.
> Cheers,
> -Rebecca

I submitted this test

which is based on:

Issue 172: table-caption content overflows

[CSS21] table-caption width

and such test has *not* been reviewed or approved yet:

and the CSS2.1 spec has not been formally clarified yet.

The Errata

makes no mention of issue 172 or of

Overall, the Errata

often seems to me to be precise editorial tuning. On the other hand, some
spec-related issues I brought, backed up by tests, are still not addressed
in such errata.

[CSS21] Overconstrained fixed table layout
list 9 non-reviewed-yet tests.

> [1] https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/actions/571
> [2] http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1
CSS 2.1 Errata