Re: [CSS21] Reviews and tests needed for errata

Le Lun 29 juillet 2013 20:28, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>>From last week's telecon, ACTION-571 [1] -
>
> I've assessed the work that needs to be done in the test suites to get
> ready for republishing. There are approximately 240 existing tests for the
> 22 items listed in the errata.  With some advanced searching in Shepherd,
> I was able to identify which have no tests and which have pertinent tests
> that may (need to be) modified to accurately reflect the new language in
> the spec.  Details all on the wiki [2] - see "CSS 2.1 Errata."  Note that
> the Shepherd queries there are filtered within each spec section to be as
> relevant possible to the changes described in the errata and in the
> corresponding minutes.
>
> Please let me know if you are familiar with any of these items and have
> time to review or write tests associated with them.  I've not gone through
> this process before, so I'd be interested to hear how the work required
> has been assigned and completed in the past.

I wish I could help here.

> Just as a data point, and as
> a logical start to addressing these, I added names of people who proposed
> the change and who are listed as Owners of the tests.
>
> I'm happy to manage and track this process and will use this wiki &
> Shepherd to do so.  I'd like continue this discussion at the upcoming
> telecon to solicit help from WG members on these items.
>
> Let me know if I missed anything or if you have questions.
>
> Cheers,
> -Rebecca

Rebecca,

I submitted this test

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/anonymous-table-box-width-001.htm

which is based on:

Issue 172: table-caption content overflows
http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css2.1#issue-172

[CSS21] table-caption width
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Sep/0186.html

and such test has *not* been reviewed or approved yet:

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/anonymous-table-box-width-001/name/anonymous-table-box-width-001/

and the CSS2.1 spec has not been formally clarified yet.

The Errata

http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-20110607-errata.html

makes no mention of issue 172 or of
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Sep/0186.html

-------

Overall, the Errata

http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-20110607-errata.html

often seems to me to be precise editorial tuning. On the other hand, some
spec-related issues I brought, backed up by tests, are still not addressed
in such errata.

Eg
[CSS21] Overconstrained fixed table layout
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Jan/0093.html
and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Jan/0094.html
list 9 non-reviewed-yet tests.