Re: [css3-images] `image-resolution: span` and transformations.

Le 26/07/2013 18:41, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Simon Sapin<simon.sapin@exyr.org>  wrote:
>> Le 26/07/2013 17:56, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>>> I don't think it should.  For one, this would mean that the intrinsic
>>> size of an image changes as you transform it, which is clearly not a
>>> good result.
>>
>> Your first point also applies to user zoom, especially with mobile-style
>> panning zoom. What does "snap" mean in this context?
> No, mobile pinch-zoom is a distinct type of zoom.  We need to
> formalize these concepts within CSS, as they're being formalized in
> the back-end ad-hocly right now.
>
> The relevant type of zoom is the one that changes the viewport size.
> This changes a bunch of the layout, so it's okay for images to have a
> different intrinsic size.

Ok. So, to sum up:

* Transforms should not affect 'snap'. This makes 'snap' useless on
transformed images, but that seems better than the alternative.

* "Desktop-type" zoom that changes the size (in CSS units) of the
initial containing block should affect 'snap'. That’s fine because
layout probably changes anyway.

* "Mobile-type" zoom that does not change the size of the ICB should not
affect 'snap'. IMO this makes 'snap' completely useless if the user is
expected change the zoom level a lot. I’d rather have UAs ignore it in
such cases than apply it in a way that only makes sense at one precise
zoom level.

--
Simon Sapin