Re: [css3-page] Styling elements differently based on whether they appear on a left or right page

Le 27/07/2013 19:36, Lea Verou a écrit :
> My use case is the incredibly common case of sidebars (for notes,
> figures etc). The sidebar should be on the left in left pages and on the
> right in right pages.
>
> Since @page :left/:right cannot include nested CSS rules (except certain
> @rules), is this possible with the current paged media specs? How?
>
> If not it should.

I believe this is not possible with what’s in css3-page today.

I agree CSS Paged Media desperately needs many more features than what
we have in the very basic Level 3, but designing and spec’ing these
features is considerable work. The reality is that there just is nobody
doing that work in this working group right now.

What I want to do with this Level 3 spec is:

1. Fix the known issues:
    https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/products/13

2. Take it to CR already. It has been a draft for far too long. Do not
add new features at this level to avoid even more delay.

3. Start discussing new features for the next level. This could happen
in parallel with the rest, but the rest still needs to be done.

However I have not myself allocated any time to this lately, and don’t
know when I will.

--
Simon Sapin