Re: [css3-images] 'image-resolution: from-image' based on resolution X / Y

Le 26/07/2013 16:06, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:36:38 +0200, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In TIFF and JPEG (EXIF), the resolution metadata can be specified as two
>> fields: Resolution X and Resolution Y. Although I expect the two to be
>> the same (when set at all) in most real images, what should a UA do when
>> they’re different? 'image-resolution: from-image' expects a single value.
>>
>> I think there is no good answer to this, but I dislike leaving it
>> undefined. I suggest specifying something arbitrary. For example:
>>
>>       If the image specifies two different resolutions for the horizontal
>> and vertical direction, the average of the two values is used:
>>       <code>(horizontal + vertical) / 2 <code>
>
> Wouldn't stretching the image along one dimention to make both resolution
> equals match the original meaning best?

Thanks for your response.

There isn’t a good answer for mapping two values into one but you’re
right, we could also change 'image-resolution' to take two values.

It is additional complexity with only small use cases. I like it, but
I’m a bit hesitant given that this property is already add at-risk.

--
Simon Sapin