[css3-images] Units for `image-resolution: from-image`

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:41:55 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

The 'from-image' keyword of the 'image-resolution' property is defined as

     The image's intrinsic resolution is taken as that specified by the
image format. If the image does not specify its own resolution, the
explicitly specified resolution is used (if given), else it defaults to
1dppx.

The only image formats that I found that have resolution metadata are
JPEG and TIFF, where it is specified in "image pixels per inches" or
"per centimeter".

How should this be interpreted? I think it should map to CSS in and cm
(and therefore the resolution is interpreted as dpi and dpcm) rather
than physical inches and centimeters, which otherwise dont exist in CSS.

--
Simon Sapin