RE: [css3-shapes] Applicability of shapes

From: Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:12:21 +0000
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

I don't see why "applies to: block-level-blocks" will make a normative reference to exclusions. You may not see the effect of a shape when applied to an element that is not a type of exclusion but that will be true if you don't implement floats.

It is true that the two features are compliments of each other in many cases (to see a shape it has to be an exclusion or to change the shape of an exclusion you need shapes etc.) but I don't see the applicability of shapes as a tie to exclusions. Even less a normative one.

Thanks,
Rossen