Re: [CSSWG] Minutes Tokyo F2F 2013-06-07 PM III: Reversing Transitions, Parens and Escapes, Alignment

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:55:16 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Le 03/07/2013 06:57, fantasai a écrit :
> Parens and Escapes
> ------------------
>
>     - RESOLVED: MQ requires white-space on both sides of a parenthesis

I believe that this is an incorrect summary of the change we discussed.

The change is rather to require whitespace on both sides of the 'and'
keyword (and 'or', when and if we add it) when that would separate form
the "outside" of a parenthesis. That is:

     ) and

     and (

Note that 'and(', being a FUNCTION token, was already invalid. But using
S+ rather than S* in the grammar avoids incorrectly suggesting that it
is valid. This change only affects 'and/**/(', as well as ')and' for
symmetry.

This is the same change that was resolved on 2012-12-19 for @supports:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Dec/0330.html

--