Re: [css3-syntax] EOF and } in at-rule preludes and selectors

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:36:23 +0100
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Le 30/01/2013 00:30, Glenn Adams a écrit :

>     * EOF in selector mode should be a parse error (a {} block is missing)
>     * EOF in at-rule prelude should be like ';'. A parse error for
>     declarations-filled or rule-filled at-rules, but not for other at-rules:
>
>     data:text/html,<style>@import "data:text/css,body{__background:green"
>
>     In the example above the @import rule is valid even though it ends
>     with EOF rather than ';'
>

> I would not agree this is valid. Rather, its operation depends on
> interoperable error handling behavior.

Indeed, the above @import rule is invalid per the CSS 2.1 core grammar,
but I believe that the "User agents must close all open constructs at
the end of the style sheet." part of §4.1 should apply.

Error handling is a big part of what we’re trying to specify with
css3-syntax. The point is to make it interoperable.

--
Simon Sapin