Re: [css3-exclusions] shape offsets should be relative to box-sizing property

On 1/29/13 12:54 PM, "Bear Travis" <betravis@adobe.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>

>Looking over the Exclusions and Shapes specification, I couldn't find a
>reference to what shape x and y offsets are relative to in a CSS property
>value like:
>shape-inside: rectangle(10px, 10px, 80px, 80px);
>I had originally assumed these offsets were relative to the content box
>[1], but as percentages are now resolved based on the box-sizing property
>[2], I think it would make sense to make a shape's x and y offsets
>relative to the same box.

The spec has this text:

---
When using the SVG syntax or referencing SVG elements
to define shapes, the relevant box is determined by
the computed value of the 'box-sizing' property.
All the lengths expressed in percentages are resolved
from the relevant box. The coordinate system for the
shape has its origin on the top-left corner of the
relevant box with the x-axis running to the right and
the y-axis running downwards.
---

So the offsets use a coordinate system based on the value of 'box-sizing'

>As one additional question, are shape-outside and shape-inside positioned
>and sized based on the same box? I think this would make the most sense,
>but that would make shape-outside positioned based on the content box by
>default.

Yes, it's the same box for both.

Thanks,

Alan