[css3-syntax] More changes from CSS 2.1 Core Grammar

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:28:57 +0100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

If Iím reading the CSS 2.1 Core Grammar correctly, the ED has a few
changes from it that are not noted in section 3.6.

Overall, tehy are all boring details. Iím only writing them up for
completeness.

* [] blocks, () blocks and functions can now contain {} blocks,
at-keywords or semicolons
* Property values, functions and all blocks can now contain cdo and cdc
* Selectors can now contain semicolons
* Selectors and at-rule predules can now contain cdo, cdc and at-keywords
* Anything can contain an unmatched } ] or )
* Selectors are no longer optional in rulesets a.k.a. style rules.
(Although an empty selector is invalid per css3-selectors, it does not
make ruleset invalid per the core grammar.)

(Note: this is with the "preserved token" definition in the current ED.)

I think that the core grammar is more restrictive than it needs to be
(especially the 'any' production). I donít know if lifting those
restrictions was intentional.

--
Simon Sapin