Re: [css3-syntax] `}` in selector mode with three ore more open rules

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:25:35 -0800
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In 3.5.6. Selector mode:
>
>> } token
>>
>> If the stack of open rules has three or more items on it, pop the
>> current rule. Switch to the current rule's content mode.
>

> I just don’t understand this part. Why three? When is this behavior useful?
> What does it even mean?

The "three or more items" requirement ensures that the style rule
isn't on the top level - it's nested at least one deep in some other
rule.  (The stack will have the style rule, some grouping rule, then
the stylesheet itself.)

However, I have no idea why I would want the behavior described.  I
presumably had some reason, but it seems really weird.  I'll have to
think on it.