Re: [css3-flexbox] Should "overflow: [scroll, hidden, auto]" apply to a flex container?

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:17:10 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 01/25/2013 03:39 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I see no reason to require a wrapper just to swap between "visible"
> and "hidden".  "scroll" actually requires a tiny bit of justification,
> because it's not trivial, but neither is it difficult.

"hidden" isn't really any more trivial than "scroll", FWIW -- both of
those values require the UA to set up a scrolled frame, because they
both make their element scrollable via the "scrollLeft" & "scrollTop"
DOM properties.  (even though "hidden" doesn't provide user-visible
scrollbars)

Anyway -- I don't have strong feelings about this, so I won't push back
too much, but I think we do need to clarify the flexbox spec one way or
the other, because right now it implies that overflow shouldn't be honored.

~Daniel