Re: [css3-values] Interaction of vw/vh and scrollbars

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 03:33:47 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The only argument I continue to have against it is that overflow-x/y
> isn't yet specified anywhere, and it's *required* in order to get vw
> to shrink for scrollbars while vh is the real height.  Without those,
> you're stuck setting "overflow:scroll" and getting a probably-useless
> horizontal scrollbar on the screen.

It's specified in css3-box (the WD is currently old, but the ED is dated
November 2012). The spec is probably not completely correct, but that
should just be fixed. As far as I know all the major browsers implement
these without prefixes and they are already used on the web.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Opera Software ASA