Re: Case Sensitivity in CSS [I18N-ACTION-171]

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:
> Le 15/01/2013 17:59, Phillips, Addison a écrit :
> "Common" plus "full" case fold mapping. I’m not expression an opinion for or
> against this here, but I was confused as to what it means exactly. In
> various Unicode documents, one can read about "default", "simple",
> "special", "NFKC" case folding. How do these relate to "common" and "full"?
>
> The answer seems to be in [4], but that link is Member-only. I took the
> liberty of copying the relevant part here for everyone to see:

A more useful reference is [3] in the original post.  The relevant JS
file is here: <http://inter-locale.com/test/caseFoldUniCF.js>.  To
casefold, just iterate over the codepoints and use the lookup table to
replace some of them.

> I’ll still need a more careful examination to know how to implement it, or
> to decide if Python’s casefold() method is the same:

No idea if Python's casefold is the same, but probably not.