Re: [CSS21] Minor error in anonymous inline boxes example

From: Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:41:09 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
CC: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
On 11/01/2013 04:04, fantasai wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#anonymous
>
> Alexander Shpack points out that in
>
>    # The box for "emphasized" is an inline box generated by an inline
>    # element (<em>), but the other boxes ("Some" and "text") are inline
>    # boxes generated by a block-level element (<p>).
>
> the quoted text should be "Some " and " text", not "Some" and "text".
> (Notice the white space.)

This one's already on the radar.[1]  I'll make sure it gets filed
although note that nothing in the spec directly implies what
box-generation behaviour happens in this case apart from this example
itself.  (At this depth, there are a number of problems with the
treatment of the inline formatting model as regards white space and box
generation, such as those described in the post referenced inside [1].)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jan/0081.html

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net