Re: Case sensitivity in CSS: some tests

On 1/9/13 11:00 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
 > Selectors and HTML element tags match regardless of case (this is
 > constrained to ASCII).

Constrained in that the tests do not test non-ASCII or that they test
that it's not compared equal with ASCII.

> Selectors and HTML attribute values do NOT match where case is
> different.

This depends on the attribute name, no?  At least in some UAs...

> Class names using .classname syntax in the selector are a
> variant of this

_That_ depends on quirks mode or not, right?

> I tested in Firefox, Opera and Chrome on Mac and IE9 on Windows7, and
> got the same results. (These are standards-mode tests.)

Just to check, what version of Firefox?  We've fixed some bugs in this
stuff recently based on Jonathan's test results, so behavior is not the
same for Firefox tip and Firefox 17, say.

-Boris