Re: [css3-animations] multiple occurrences of the same 'animation-name'

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> I think http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/ doesn't say what
> happens for this testcase:
>
>   @keyframes bounce { from { margin-left: 0px } to { margin-left: 100px } }
>   p { animation: bounce 1s linear, bounce 3s linear }
>
> In particular, it doesn't say which of these two animations
> overrides the other.  This is due to a quirk in wording here:
>
>   # If at one point in time there are multiple animations
>   # specifying behavior for the same property, the animation whose
>   # name occurs last in the value of ‘animation-name’ will override
>   # the other animations at that point.
>    -- http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#animations
>
> Since "the animation whose name occurs last in the value of
> 'animation-name'" doesn't disambiguate the two, since they have the
> same name.
>
> I think dropping the "whose name" would probably make it correct,
> but it might be worth making things a little clearer than that.

Good catch.  I think just doing s/whose name/which/ would be
sufficient.  I think the only reason you caught the difference is
because you're explicitly rules-lawyering; my interpretation of that
sentence was always what we're assuming it intends to say.