Re: [CSS4 color][CSS4 transition] color pre-multiplied vs non pre-multiplied was (Re: [CSSWG] Minutes TPAC Tue 2012-10-30 AM I: Abstract Directions, Transforms, Transitions)

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 00:49:19 -0800
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
On Feb 27, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Special casing 'transparent' fixes that in an intuitive way. It's more confusing to authors that CSS gradients are different from any other type of gradient.
> Good luck trying to match that CSS gradient with the one in PhotoShop!

I'm pretty certain I'm missing your meaning. If I create a solid to transparent gradient in PhotoShop, I fill the shape (let's say a rectangle) with a solid color (let's say, green) in the rgb channel, and then put a black to white gradient into the alpha channel. I don't create a green to black gradient in the rgb channel the way safari does.