Re: [css-variables] editorial nits/suggestions

Tab Atkins wrote:

> >> Unlike other CSS properties, custom properties are case-sensitive.
> >
> > I think you want to say "custom property names are
> > case-sensitive", since the values of these properties remain
> > case-insensitive as per general CSS property values.
>
> Actually, the values should stay case-sensitive as well - they're
> all user-defined idents and the like, after all.  When substituted
> into a normal property, we stop caring about case, of course.

Hmm, ok, I see what you're getting at.  But saying "custom properties
are case-sensitive" still feels a bit off, there's no case matching
going on with the value, all you're saying is that the property name
is case-sensitive *and* the token stream representing the value is
preserved as defined, including the casing.

John