footer - section - header

From: Niels Matthijs <niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:53:33 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Hey all,

I ran into a confusing bit of spec, so a little help would be appreciated.
First of all:

"The header element must not appear as a descendant of the footer element."

But then:

"When the footer element contains entire sections, they represent
appendices, indexes, long colophons, verbose license agreements, and other
such content."

(so footers can contain sections) ... then:

"A header element is intended to usually contain the section's heading"

(so headers can be used within sections ... which can appear in footers).

Did I miss something or is there some unexplained restraint not in the spec?

Niels Matthijs - Front-End Developer

Internet Architects

Internet Architects
Your strategic online partner

Koningin Astridplein 41 - 2018 Antwerpen
+32 3 234 34 74 -  <http://www.internetarchitects.be> website -
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Internet-Architects/81743786433> facebook

(image/png attachment: image001.png)