Re: [css3-variables] Fallback vs. "invalid at computed-value time"

Le 24/02/2013 15:12, François REMY a écrit :
> The reality check is however that it doesn't work very well. Consider:
>
>      selector {
>          var-index: 1;
>      }
>
>      selector {
>          var-position: attr(data-js-computed-position);
>          var-position: calc(3 * var(index)) !type(length);
>      }
>
> It's impossible to validate var-position at parse time.

I think you’d also need a type constraint on the var-index declaration
in this example.

But yeah, I see your general point: this mechanism might not be enough,
short of defining dozens of keywords for all variants of ranges of
accepted values.

--
Simon Sapin