Re: [css3-animations] CSSKeyframesRule.findRule()

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:11:16 -0800
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Daniel Glazman
> We discussed findRule() during this week's conf call.
> I guess the proposal is to change it from
>
>   CSSKeyframeRule findRule(in DOMString key);

>   sequence<CSSKeyframeRule> findRules(in DOMString key);
>
> of course, the |key| here is subject to the change proposal made
> earlier by Sylvain.

This doesn't go far enough.  The current IDL *doesn't make any sense*.
 Keyframe selectors use <percentage> tokens or from/to keywords, but
the method takes a <string> containing a number between 0 and 1.
There is *never* a "rule with a key matching the passed key".  It also
doesn't talk at all about what to do with a keyframe rule with a list
of selectors.

I suggest changing this to take a string containing a percentage, and
then define that it returns any rules with that percentage in their
selector list.