Re: [css3-animations] Key argument for CSSKeyframesRule.findRule/deleteRule

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 07:36:50 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On 22/02/13 01:54, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> I propose we define the key argument for findRule and deleteRule to:
> 1. Contain a single value
> 2. The value must be one of: a percentage value, 'from' or 'to'
> 3. 'from' is treated as equivalent to '0% and vice-versa; 'to' as equivalent to '100%' and
> vice-versa
> #1 does imply that one can't blindly pass CSSKeyframeRule.keyText to
> CSSKeyframesRule.findRule/deleteRule and retrieve the same object. Supporting this pattern
> may, however, require findRule() to be able to return more than one CSSKeyframeRule.
> Thoughts?

Yes, I think this is absolutely fine and consistent with the OM changes
we discussed during this week's conf call.

Please note that we have a similar problem when we climb up the cascade
to, for instance, tweak the styles attached to selector "p". The rule
responsible for the styles can have in fact a group of selectors, and
it's then up to the editor to detect it and split the group of selectors
to result in several different rules. Nothing new here.