Re: [css3-writing-modes] text-combine-horizontal and half-width numerals

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:59:16 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style@w3.org
fantasai wrote:

> > When combining two digits into a 1em box, using half-width
> > numerals seems preferred. If the current font family does not have
> > glyphs for half-width digits, should the UA fall back to the next
> > family in the list?
>
> No, it should just place them (if they seem to fit: in most

I don't quite understand this, you seem to be answering a different
question than the one Sylvain is asking.  If there aren't glyphs for
half-width digits, there are no glyphs to place or scale.  Fallback
will occur.

Keep in mind that "half-width digits" are normal ASCII digits, which
are typically included in all fonts that would be used for vertical
text display. So I think the problem is not one that exists in
practice.

Regards,

John