Re: [css-transitions] starting of transitions.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 2013-02-20 19:54 -0800, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> I've the question reading this section
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#starting
>>
>> Let's assume I have these two rules:
>>
>> a:link { color:red; transition: color 1s linear; }
>> a:link:hover { color:blue; transition: color 2s ease;  }
>>
>> so there are two types of animations: for entering :hover state
>> and leaving it.
>>
>> Question is: what timing function will be used when
>> <a> gets :hover state?
>
> '2s ease'
>
>> And the same one for :not(:hover) state.
>
> '1s linear'
>
>> The section above in my opinion is not clear enough on this.
>
> To the end of the first paragraph, I'll add the text:
>
>   # This means that when one of these 'transition-*' properties
>   # changes at the same time as a property whose change might
>   # transition, it is the <em>new</em> values of the 'transition-*'
>   # properties that control the transition.
>
> Does that help?

Thanks, David.

That would help, yes.

And so if I have these two rules:

a:link { color:red;  }
a:link:hover { color:blue; transition: color 2s ease;  }

then it will be no :hover -> :not(:hover) transition at all, correct?

But if  {initial} -> :hover transition will be canceled before its end
(so :hover -> :not(:hover) switch in 2 seconds)  then we will actually
see backward transition. Is this correct/desirable?