Re: [css3-syntax] Digest of remaining issues from recent discussions

Le 20/02/2013 15:20, Zack Weinberg a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Simon Sapin<simon.sapin@kozea.fr>  wrote:
>> 3. Editorial: get rid of §3.2.1. "Preprocessing the input stream" by doing
>> the same work in the tokenizer?
>>
>> 4. Editorial: The tokenizer would be nicer (and could be less redundant)
>> with a style closer to that of the parser: a bunch of "functions" that call
>> each-other rather than a state machine. (Not quite "recursive decent"
>> though, there is no recursion.)
>>
>> 5. Editorial: use more look-ahead to avoid "reconsuming"?
>>
>> 17. Hash tokens need a new "is a valid ident" for ID selectors. The edit is
>> not trivial: if 4. or 5. are to happen, might be better to do this
>> afterwards or at the same time.
> If it will facilitate discussion, I am happy to draft new language for
> section 4 addressing all of the above (it may take me a few days to
> get around to it, though).

I guess it could help, but do synchronize with Tab. I don’t want to tell
you to do work that would end up being redundant :)

For 3. though I kind of like \r\n being being converted to a single
character in a pre-processing step. I’m afraid it would otherwise be
painful to handle. (Whitespace tokens are easy enough, but don’t forget
the single "whitespace" after valid escapes, and escaped newlines.)

But if you think the result can still be more readable, go for it.

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin