Re: [css3-page] comments on last ED

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:53:53 +0100
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
CC: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Le 20/02/2013 14:09, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :
> Also sprach Daniel Glazman:
>
>   >    Honestly, I have a strong concern about the 16 page-margin
>   >    boxes. When I try to print from a browser on a office printer,
>   >    here's what I get:
>   >
>   >      http://pics.lockerz.com/s/284292098
>   >
>   >    it allows me to specify the usual six page-margin boxes but not the
>   >    10 extras.
>
> Most publications need more than the six option you mention. Here's a picture
> of the first three publications I grabbed from my shelf:
>
>     http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3/samples.jpg

I’m getting a 404 error for that URL. Did you mean this one?
http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3-page/samples.jpg

[…]
> And implementations. Here's a test page for margin boxes along with
> output from three formatters:
>
>    http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3-page/page-margins.html
>    http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3-page/antennahouse.pdf
>    http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3-page/prince.pdf
>    http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3-page/weasyprint.pdf
>
> Antennahouse and Prince are interoperable. Weasyprint almost so.

WeasyPrint uses the June revision of my layout algorithm. I definitely
plan to update the implementation as the spec stabilizes, which should
bring the rendering closer to that of PrinceXML and AntennaHouse.

--
Simon Sapin